Prince AlbertRailway Street
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic this pub is currently offering additional services:
Please see pub Facebook or website for details of any take-out or delivery services available and any news about future reopening. Updated 19 Jan
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Built in 1900 for Eley’s Stafford Brewery to replace the original Prince Albert a small beer house dating back to1852. This grand four storey building with its fine imposing frontage befitting its prominence to the railway station had two separate rooms both with their own entrance. There was a separate entrance to the upper floors which would be run as a separate business called the Royal Hotel. Despite its listed status internal alterations in 1995, 1996 & 1997 were allowed which opened it out into one room. After further work in 2007 nothing remains of the original internal layout or fittings. The pub has recently undergone repairs and refurbishment which has converted the first floor area to a musc room with bar, which can be used as a function room, with a small comfortable library off.