NewbridgeTettenhall Road, Newbridge
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
A large interwar pub with wooden aspects to its frontage opened its doors to its first customers on 2nd December 1929 for Atkinsons brewery. It replaced a very old and small beerhouse which was on the canal side on the opposite side of the road. The internal lay out was altered in 1958 and again in 1973 which saw all the rooms knocked into one. In 1997 an extension was built on the left and side to form a large restaurant which is accessed by a separate entrance. Recently (2017) refurbished and re-opened as a Stonehouse Pizza and Carvery. Open early for breakfasts.