Giffard Arms64 Victoria Street
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic this pub is currently offering additional services:
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Built in 1927 with the architect being J A Swan of Wolverhampton to an older style for Butlers Brewery. It was a direct replacement for the previous Giffard Arms which was demolished in 1927. The entrance to the pub at that time was via the right hand side door into a corridor. It had two downstairs rooms the front more popular with the younger crowd with the bar servery in between, there was also an upstairs room used as a club room and later it was used for music and for hire. Despite its grade II listing in 1970 under the ownership of Bass a major refurbishment saw the downstairs rooms knocked into one and the bar servery moved to the right hand side of the pub taking up the corridor. At this time the entrance to the pub was moved to the left hand side door. After further alterations inside very little of the original build internally remains. It has a varied customer base from Goths to heavy metal music fans and with music dominating week end evenings.