Dog & PartridgeHigh Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Community pub offering live entertainments and changing beers from the Marston's stable. This late 16th century grade II listed timbered building is the oldest building in High Street and for over 100 years brewed its own beer which ceased around 1956. Records suggest that it has been licensed since at least 1782, when a Samuel Marston held the licence. Run by the Gregory family for a long time it was known by the locals as Gregory’s. The original two rooms a small bar and larger lounge have been opened out by the removal of the doors the lounge still retains its original fireplace. To the left of the bar is the original hearth and grate which was originally part of the owners living accommodation and were separated from the public bar. In 1997 the pub was extended by building a new lounge to the rear during the work its old well which was used to extract the water for the brewery was discovered. This has been preserved and you can see it in the rear lounge.