Clarendon Hotel38 Chapel Ash
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Banks's Brewery Tap located next to the Park Brewery, visitors' centre and shop and Marston's head office, the pub can be traced back to 1849 when it was considerably smaller. It was purchased by Wolverhampton & Dudley breweries in 1896 from Brindley Brewery of Burton Trent. In 1896 the upstairs billiard room was converted and extended over the next door shops. This was used for many years as the brewery board room. Although no longer used by the brewery the room still exists and along with a large function room is available for hire for meetings, parties etc. Over time various alterations and extensions to the rear have been carried out to create a number of extra rooms. These were converted into one room some years ago. The pub was refurbished in autumn 2016 which involved moving the island bar from where it was located for many years, and creating a number of separate areas leading off. These areas feature the brewing history of Banks's, Marston’s and the other group breweries. Note, Wolves fans enjoy a 10% discount on home match days on production of a valid season or match ticket. If it is an early kickoff at a weekend, the pub opens at 10am.