Bradmore Arms1 Trysull Road, Bradmore
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic this pub is currently offering additional services:
Please see pub Facebook or website for details of any take-out or delivery services available and any news about future reopening. Updated 19 Jan
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Built in 1928 to plans by architects Lavender & Twentyman for Atkinsons Brewery it offered its customers the choice of four rooms, public bar, 2 different smoke rooms, a childrens room and a billiards room which was converted to a lounge in 1960. In the 1980’s & 90’s internal alterations altered the internal layout and after a major refurbishment in 1994 it reopened in April as Barlos with the emphasis on food and wine. In 1996 it reverted back to the Bradmore Arms. In August 2001 an application to demolish and build a supermarket on the site was refused by the council. It was purchased in early 2002 by Greene King who refurbished it and reopened under its Hungry Horse concept where the emphasis is on food but you are able to drink there.