22 Coventry Street

See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.

Built around 1861 for Benjamin Woolaston a stone mason his family would retain its ownership until 1923 when it was sold to Atkinsons brewery. In 1968 the pub was extended by taking in derelict buildings to the right front and left rear to plans by architect L. Cartwright and the internal layout altered. This former beerhouse did not gain a full licence to 1951 it offers a lounge and a public bar. Customers should take care after a drink as the public bar is sloped away from the bar servery.