Duke of York35 Princess Street
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic this pub is currently offering additional services:
Please see pub Facebook or website for details of any take-out or delivery services available and any news about future reopening. Updated 19 Jan
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Built in 1890 to replace the old Duke of York on the site. In 1960 the pub closed and was sold to Williams Deacon Bank, it would operate as various office based business until 1995 when it closed. In May 1996 it was reopened by Pubmaster as the Tap & Spile as a real ale free house. After a refurbishment it has now reverted to its original name.