GrapesWelshpool Road, Bicton Heath
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic this pub is currently offering additional services:
Please see pub Facebook or website for details of any take-out or delivery services available and any news about future reopening. Updated 19 Jan
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
According to the records there has been a pub here since 1774, when it was known as the Bunch of Grapes. However, the old building was demolished in 1936, and replaced by the current one, built as a Georgian style roadhouse. At the time it was owned by Ind Coope & Allsop. Owned by M&B from April 2015 and reopened under the Toby Carvery banner on 9 June 2015. Closed in 2018 it re-opened in November of that year renamed as the Grapes. It is part of the Ego chain of Italian themed restaurants. The pub has a central bar with three distinct drinking areas. The Ego restaurant occpies the left wing of the pub. Two handpumps, one regular beer, one changing.