Britannia76 Castle Foregate
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic this pub is currently offering additional services:
Please see pub Facebook or website for details of any take-out or delivery services available and any news about future reopening. Updated 19 Jan
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Formerly the Engine & Tender, though it has been known as the Britannia since 1856. It was a Good Beer Guide entry for 6 consecutive years in the 1980s. In more recent times the pub was owned by Punch Taverns, but was sold to new private ownership in October 2011. Major alterations over the years have left a single long bar in what is a basic but comfortable small pub close to the railway station. The pub is available for hire if required. Boxing pictures now adorn the walls, reflecting the existence of a gym/boxing club based behind the pub. History of the pub is written on the wall adjacent to the bar.