Burton Tennis & Squash ClubAshby Road
Burton upon Trent
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
This private club was founded around 1912 and moved to the present site in 1921. Originally tennis only, squash courts were added progressively from 1971, and the current clubhouse built in 1980. The club is owned by the membership and run by an elected committee.
Facilities include 4 tennis courts, 4 squash courts, exercise equipment, and a comfortable lounge bar which features picture windows overlooking the tennis courts.
Individual adult subscriptions (2017/18) range from zero for social membership to £192.00/year for full membership; see website for other membership options. Entry for members is by key card; non-members must be accompanied and signed in by members (£2 visitors fee if playing), but current card-carrying CAMRA members are allowed access to the bar.
Winner of CAMRA West Midlands Club-of-the-Year award in 2003.